Sunday, July 08, 2007

A quick Kvetch

Shalom and vee gehts. I've been meaning to give some good thoughts here for everybody, and I promise I will soon, but right now, it's time for a kvetch. For any goyem reading this, that means it's time for me to rant and complain. But, fortunately, this is a quick kvetch because I'm pretty busy.

So, kvetch already!

One of my huge pet peeves is when the Bishopric think that it is their job to MC sacrament meeting. IT'S NOT! There is no need to get up and tell how much you love the hymn we just sang or how we should all pay attention to the next speaker because he knows how much time they've put into it or what a mensch that last speaker is. Just tell us who is speaking and thank them quickly and sincerely. That's it.

So, to all the other pretend Jews out there, zay gezunt!

Herschel

ps- there is no such thing as a 'tropical guide.' It is called topical because it is organized by topic. I never thought I would hear an adult get that one wrong. Gevalt...

No comments: