First, to all those vast multitudes who have wondered why we have been so long without posting, let me just say: What, are you paying for this? Enough with the kvetching, already.
Second, In sacrament meeting, I learned another reason to hate the devil, that farshtinkener. The speaker was talking about the premortal life, and Lucifer's plan for God's children. In his plan, of course, we would have been robbed of our agency and forced to obey him. Bad enough, I know.
But the speaker also said something which I suppose I had always known but had never heard put this way before. Jesus volunteered to come down and pay for our sins, to suffer so that we could return and live with God again. In other words, he was willing to pay the ultimate price for us. Lucifer, on the other hand, was unwilling to suffer at all. He did not offer to give up anything for us. So he wanted all the praise and honor we give now to our Savior, with none of the cost. What a khazer!
--MOISHE
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment