Here is a puzzle I have been noodging over today. Maybe you can noodge with me.
In the first chapter of Moroni, he says that he is on the run from Lamanites since they are killing all who would not deny the Christ. But in Mormon's lament, Moroni's father says:
17 O ye fair ones, how could ye have departed from the ways of the Lord! O ye fair ones, how could ye have rejected that Jesus, who stood with open arms to receive you!
18 Behold, if ye had not done this, ye would not have fallen. But behold, ye are fallen, and I mourn your loss.
So the Nephite nation was annihilated because they rejected Christ, then who is left who is not denying? Is it just Moroni himself? That's a very small club.
It's just another question I will be asking when I am dead.
--MOISHE

4 comments:
I'm not sure I follow the problem, brother. Mormon never said that EVERYONE was bad. Just that the nation as a group was bad. Like when the Lord says in Doctrine and Covenants 1 that He is pleased with the church, not as individuals, but as a whole. It seems to me that the people as a whole had gone bad. The Lamanites managed to kill off the righteous refugees who didn't die in battle. At least, that's how I see it.
Also, on an unrelated note, I was very proud to see a comment that wasn't from one of us - this Haben character - but when I read it, it looks like spam. Oy. When will we get the fame and attention that we deserve, without the work that we don't want to put into it?
Hey! You're famous in this corner of the mid-Atlantic region (meaning the corner of my living room by the computer). I would claim to read your blog regularly, but you don't post regularly (oy vey!), so I only check in every couple of months but, from a long-time fan of Sholem Aleichem, Mazel Tov!
Eine schoene danke to you, Amy. It's always good for us to know we have readers.
And to you, spambot, may you get a nice hangnail and have no one to complain to!
Post a Comment