Sunday, April 15, 2007

Funny, she doesn't look Druish...

So, we're not really Yiddish. Oyf tsleuchis. We're just Mormons who wish we were Jewish, like all the rest. We really are brothers, though. And our last name really is Mormonides. Also, I got a gold medal in awesome at the rock and roll Olympics.

Nu... Today, in sacrament meeting, this guy gets up to give the last talk, and it's already ten o'clock, which means we have ten minutes to fit in him, the closing song, and the prayer. I was sympathetic to his plight. The previous two speakers had spoken too long. We had cut out the rest hymn (The Lord Is My Light-- which I like) to give this guy time to speak.

Of course he didn't abbreviate-- he gave us the whole megillah, and we were ten minutes late getting out of sacrament meeting. Personally, I find it impossible to feel the spirit after a meeting is supposed to be over. I should, but I just can't. I suppose this is a defect in my character. Feh.

--MOISHE

No comments: